Unfortunately due to the current CoVid-19 pandemic we have made the decision to suspend the Service 100 for this year.
For the latest Government advice to protect yourself against CoVid-19 visit www.gov.uk/coronavirus
The Service 100 Bus runs the first SUNDAY in May until the first SUNDAY in October including BANK HOLIDAY MONDAYS.
Starting from CROOK Market Place to ALSTON Town Centre A689.
This service is run by WCT drivers, who are fully trained with MIDAS awards / DBS , driving for the people and visitors of Weardale .
‘Come ride The Roof Of England’ Beautiful views, stunning places to explore. Have a summer day out in the Weardale countryside at affordable prices. Family tickets available, bus passes welcome.
We at WCT can provide an accessible mini bus, for any mobility needs, this includes tail lift use and wheelchair access.*Please telephone and request this service before you wish to travel*
For more info on mobility or any other questions call into The Weardale Hub in Stanhope, or call us for a chat on 01388 528777
Some of the tourist attractions the bus will service are:
- Bradley Burn Farm Shop and cafe
- Killhope Leadmining Museum
- Weardale Museum
- Stanhope Railway Station (Weardale Railway)
- Alston Railway Station (South Tynedale Railway)
- There are a number of walks you can take through the scenic countryside in Weardale. For more information on where to go walking and on other attractions in weardale see:AONB Interactive Walk Map
- As well as the walks you can take in Weardale there are also a number of routes you can take for walking in the Alston area. For more information on where you can go walking and on other attractions in and around Alston see: AONB Interactive Walks in Alston
- Along with all the villages between Crook and Alston.
- For events, places to visit, places to stay and other things to see and do in Weardale see our links page