2016 Roof of England Timetable3 – Word Service runs : Sunday 1st May – Sunday 2nd October 2016
Due to lack of public transport provision in Weardale , a pilot scheme was set up to provide a reliable transport link between Crook, Stanhope (Weardale) and Alston (Cumbria).
The first year 2011 was a great success , with word spreading fast . So after further demand from the public we ran the service again . The Roof of England Service Bus is now in its 6th year and becoming more popular every year.
The Service 100 Bus 2016 will run from 1st May – 2nd October 2016. Every SUNDAY and BANK HOLIDAY all through the summer . Starting from CROOK Market Place to ALSTON Town Centre A689.
This service is run by WCT drivers, who are fully trained with MIDAS awards / DBS , driving for the people and visitors of Weardale .
‘Come ride The Roof Of England’ Beautiful views, stunning places to explore. Have a summer day out in the Weardale countryside at affordable prices. Family tickets available, bus passes welcome.
We at WCT can provide an accessible mini bus, for any mobility needs, this includes tail lift use and wheelchair access.*Please telephone and request this service before you wish to travel*
For more info on mobility or any other questions call into The Stanhope Hub, or call us for a chat on 01388 528777
Some of the tourist attractions the bus will service are:
- Bradley Burn Farm Shop and cafe
- Killhope Leadmining Museum
- Weardale Museum (open 2pm-5pm) 2 for 1 Tickets available
- Stanhope Railway Station (Weardale Railway)
- Alston Railway Station (South Tynedale Railway)
- There are a number of walks you can take through the scenic countryside in Weardale. For more information on where to go walking and on other attractions in weardale see:AONB Interactive Walk Map
- As well as the walks you can take in Weardale there are also a number of routes you can take for walking in the Alston area. For more information on where you can go walking and on other attractions in and around Alston see: AONB Interactive Walks in Alston
- Along with all the villages between Crook and Alston.
- For events, places to visit, places to stay and other things to see and do in Weardale see our links page.